Welcome to the design team - and the design team blog! Right now, this is a private blog - just for the team.
I'm thrilled that so many very talented ladies applied for the design team, and that you are all spread around the world. It will be a privilege and a pleasure to get to know you all, I'm sure. I have only met one of you in person (hello Anita!) and some of you I may never get to physically meet - I hope that won't stop us enjoying our time together in this team!
This blog is intended as a space to share our plans, ideas and designs with each other. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to share them with me and the rest of the team on this blog by leaving a comment. If you think it might make life easier for DT members to be blog authors too (so you can write posts and not just comments) I can arrange that - let me know what you think.
Because I'm new to design teams (and some of you are very experienced!) I'd love to hear some of the ways design teams can work. I'm thinking along the lines of a dedicated challenge blog with linky parties, perhaps kicked off by the DT each time with members of the public joining in too? And possibly a prize each week for a member of the public (a free stamp, a blog button?).
Or could we do all that on the HH blog which is already a well-established blog? I already run an established weekly linky party, Handmade Monday, open to anyone who writes about handmade. Could we start by using this? Or should we have a linky party focused on stamping? Let me know your thoughts! I don't want to force out any of the regular Handmade Monday crowd out in any way as they're a lovely bunch!
I will be contacting some of the challenge blogs to offer HH stamps as prizes on their challenges. If you have a favourite challenge blog you'd like me to approach, do let me know! I'd encourage any or all of you to participate in challenges. If you write tutorials, I'd suggest sharing them with Totally Tutorials.
Has anyone got more ideas? I'm sure some of you have! I'm open to considering pretty much anything, as long as it helps spread the word about HH stamps and you as a team, too.
Let's get this show on the road!
PS: in case you missed them, do check out the pages at the top, especially the guidelines and interviews. Thanks! x
7 comments:
Hi! Great to be part of the team. Looking forward to meeting you all xx
Same here! Happy to be part of this team. One quick question though - this doesn't show up in my list of blogs on blogger... But I can access it by typing in the URL directly... Any clues to how I can get it to show up???
And as far as ideas, I'm game for pretty much anything! The only thing is I can't commit to more than a fortnightly thing right now.
Thank you for including me in your brand new DT.. I am SO EXCITED to get started. I have now been on a few dt's over the last three years so I am sharing a couple of things that worked really well. you might consider splitting us up into two groups of six so we can alternate weeks with each of us only contributing every second week. Also, if it's a challenge blog you want to do consider setting up the schedule of challenge themes for the entire term now so we can work ahead. One team I am on sets up folders for all the challenges at the beginning of the term and we just make sure our photos are in the folder about two days before each challenge is due. This way but you can work ahead if you want to/need to. For all design teams I am on I need to write a blogpost for my own personal blog, but YOU need to decide if you want each of us to write a blog post for the HH blog or if you want to write the HH post adding our poject photosnto the end. you can alos link each of our project photos to our own blog posts for that challenge.. It it here we dt members can go into a great deal more detail about our projects and this drives traffic both ways (to and from each of our blogs). I have MANY more ideas and suggestions, (grin) but don't wantnto overwhelm you!! (Bigger grin) But If you want to do a weekly challenge blog It would be VERY helpful to have some sort of theme and to know what the themes are in advance... Cheers fro Canada!! Lynne
Thanks so much for the suggestions Lynne. You can always email me if you have a longer list! I hadn't thought of the alternate weeks/2 teams thing and it sounds a brilliant way of working. I had thought about announcing challenges in advance so that's something I'm glad to get feedback about - it's good to hear that would work from a DT point of view. Thanks again! x
Thank you for including me in your DT.
As for how to do the blog, I think as you have the HH blog already established. It might be a good idea to continue to use that blog. And as you have Handmade Monday on your blog perhaps you could do a papercrafting Thursday or something like that. That way your regular followers could still have time to do both projects.
Hi Everyone. I was having trouble playing. Can't wait to get to know you and see your work.
Thanks for the suggestion Mary. I think that's an excellent idea which I will be implementing!
Post a Comment