Friday, 22 November 2013

I have a question - forgive me if it has already been asked, but I can't see it anywhere...

I have just set up my first permalink scheduled post. My question is: What time/date do I need to schedule the publication for?

I know we all live in different time zones. I am in Australian Eastern (daylight savings) time. In my blog posts for the MWPCP, I always have a link to the HH blog. However, I don't want my post to be published before the actually HH post for that week. So, I just need to know what time/date so I don't confuse my readers or Wendy's.

Thanks.

Deanne
xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Deanne, I dont know the answer but I schedule my posts for 1:00 am on the WEdnesday that Wendy posts the challenge.Im in California. HTH! Laura

Wendy said...

Good question Dee.

I aim to post on Wednesday at 7am - works great when I schedule in advance but there are times when I'm running late and then it might be a couple of hours later, around 9am or thereabouts.

If you need to look up time zones, I am working on GMT (Greenwich mean time) in the winter and British summer time in the summer, which is GMT+1.

I get confused by time zones, so I'm sorry that isn't more helpful - but if I did the converting I think we would *all* be confused as I'm pretty sure I would tie myself in knots!

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Thanks Wendy, that does help. I am GMT + 11 during daylight savings. I will go and google and see what I can find. I am confusing myself trying to think it out lol!!

Cheers
Dee
xx

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hey all,
I found this converter. It might be useful for us all.

If we schedule our posts to go up at, say 10 am on the morning of Wendy's Wendesday, then they will all be up at the same time.

Here's the link
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Dee
xx

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Wendy, you are 11 hours behind my time then. So I should schedule my post for the Wednesday eveniing or Thursday morning. Will that work for you?