Just to let you know:
First of all:
I'm announcing the DT on the HH blog on Wednesday. I've got most people's mini-bios already, which will be on a page I'm linking to from the announcement. If I haven't got a mini bio (a few sentences about you) and an image of you, please email them to me as soon as you can! It can run without them if you can't get them to me in time (afterwards will be OK too as they will be staying in place for the 6-month term) and everyone will have a link to their blog (whether you've sent me a bio or not).
Secondly:
The first "challenge" will be the week after the announcement. I'm planning to make the challenges live every Wednesday, so each week I'll need the images in advance please (ideally the Saturday before). Each of you only needs to create images/projects fortnightly and you'll be divided into 2 teams. I've put a calendar page up here with all the planned challenges for the DT term till mid-February - you'll see which team you're in (and if you ever forget the reminder will be there). Although it's all planned out and will probably run as planned, I may make changes to it so please do check it every so often (although I plan to blog any changes on this blog for you).
Thirdly:
I'm planning to make you all authors on this blog. This means you can write posts and pages (and it's possible you may want to say something to the whole team - not selling/promoting or anything like that!) but the main reason is so you can upload your images and links here. There will be a post for each new challenge, labelled with the date it's going live.
Most of you have Blogger (blogspot) blogs and will know exactly how uploading images works. For those of you not familiar, you'll probably work it out quite easily and it's probably pretty similar to what you're already using (any problems though, shout up!). The images load quicker if you've already compressed them but it will compress them for you if necessary. Under each image I'll need you to put a link to the actual post on your blog where that image/card/project is talked about (and any info I should mention if there's anything you think I should say, such as if you've written a tutorial or used something unusual). This will make composing the challenge blog post much quicker for me each week. When you create the link, please check the button "open in another window".
If at any point you want to upload your images sooner than the uploading blog post goes live (to get ahead if you're going to be on holiday, for instance) please just create a post similar to the ones I've used. If it's out of sequence I can always create a new one at a later date using your images.
I've already got some images I can use on the first or second challenges (both of which will be "anything goes"). But more would be good so please add to the next posts when you've sorted out being an author (emails to be sent later!)
Lastly:
When you create your own blog posts, please link to Handmade Harbour's shop. Ideally, I'd like you to link to the page where your readers can buy the image you've used and I'd also like you to link to the home page if you can. One of the links should ideally be in the first couple of sentences of your post (not required, but would be good if you could manage it!).
Thank you all!
6 comments:
That was a lot to take in lol. Sounds like you have it very well organised.
To summarise - we each do a 'challlenge' fornightly.
- we are organised into teams
- challenge item must be uploaded to our blog on the Sunday? Is that right? I don't quite understand yet exactly what we have to do there....shouting up!! ;-)
- links to shop and direct link to page of digi stamp/s used
Is that all correct?
Ok, I read it again - you want our images only on the Sunday, ready for when out posts are published on the Wednesday. Is that correct?
So, do we email our images to you, or upload them in a post on this blog?
Also, just a quickie - if we aren't rostered to do a particular challenge on a particular fornight, but the challenge appeals to us, can we do it as an extra anyway? (not that we will always have time, just wondering if that's ok).
Dee
i think if you're using the dt blog for conversation as well as uploading the images you should make pages to upload the challenges instead of posts, so the challenge uploading posts don't get lost... if you know what i mean.
are we being given images to work with for the challenges following the anything goes ones?
oh and good news... the dt blog shows up in my list of blogs on my blogger dashboard now :)
lovies, =o) kel
I JUST found this post... GREAT STUFF Wendy! I am now signed up to be notified by e-mail (GREAT SUGGESTION Kel!) so I won't miss any other posts - smile. I agree with Kel about the separate place to upload photos on our DT blog - to be sure they don't get missed, but I think we probably will be "ironing out the wrinkles" for a few blog posts until it's all running smoothly! (grin)
Wendy - I e-mailed you my bio and some a couple of head shots on Monday but I haven't heard from you so I just wanted to be sure you received them - Let me know! Smile
Ooops! I mean GREAT SUGGESTION DEANNE - about the e-mail following button!!!
Yes, Lynne - received, thank you. Sorry I didn't reply (thought I had done) things have been a little hectic!
Post a Comment