Friday, 30 August 2013

Comments - what do you think?

Thank you Rachel for raising the question of comments.  I thought it deserved its own new post rather than a reply in the comments section - hope you don't mind.  I've been trying to work out a solution in my head, but I think it's worth asking you all what you think.

My thoughts:

Firstly, I think comments are a big part of any linky party or challenge, as it helps make people feel it's been worthwhile connecting - and some people do feel in need of a little support occasionally (heck, we all need support occasionally!).  I would like people to come back on a regular basis and we need to establish a connection with them for that to happen.

I am also aware that I don't want to put the DT under too much pressure, because it then becomes a chore rather than something you enjoy.

So, with that in mind, I have a few suggestions:

1 The DT for that week (team 1 or team 2) all leave comments.  You would all leave comments on as many as possible that week.  So you'd only be commenting every other week but you would leave comments on as many as possible.

2 The DT for that week (team 1 or team 2) leave comments but..  you would have a rota so that one person has number 1 to comment on (then number 6), another has number 2 (then number 7...), another has number 3.... and so on (you'd all be allocated numbers so you would know which links you were commenting on).

3 One person or (preferably) two people do all the commenting for a set week.  You could have a rota between you or both leave comments on every post.  You would only be leaving comments every six weeks but if one person couldn't make it that week we would need a back up plan!

4 Each week everyone has to leave at least 4 comments (number of comments could vary on this one).  Less pressure but it would be every week.

5 Any other suggestions?

Thank you - all comments and suggestions are most welcome!  I'd love to know if one of the above would be perfect for you or if you have an idea for another way of doing it.

10 comments:

Blossom Cards said...

Hi to you all most of the DTS I am on we have a rota like no2 surgestion or you comment on 456 cards 14 15 16 / 24 25 26 ectra
hope this helps
happy crafting to you all

Wendy said...

Thanks Rachel - I do think some sort of rota might be a good idea x

fiction book reviews said...

I would prefer a set number each week

e.g 2, 3 and 4 each week

Zoe x

Wendy said...

Thanks Zoe, I will bear that in mind x

Unknown said...

I like number 2 - the DT for that week has rotating numbers (then we can always comment on more if we have more time that week)

itsamistry said...

I'll go with whatever is decided as I can get confused easily. I guess knowing which posts to comment is a good idea.

kel Acopan said...

i think you should divide the numbers between each team - so team 1 comments the week they participate in the challenge and team 2 comments the next week when they're active...

split it up so if there's 5 people per team then person a comments on all entries that end in 1,2; person b gets 3,4 and so on and so forth.

everyone is all free to comment on as many as they want but if everyone does their assignments then at least every single entry will get visited and rec'v a comment from HH.

just my 2cents.

lovies, =o) kel

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

During my term on a previous DT, I made sure to comment on every single thing posted for my challenge. I didn't find it a chore, even if there were 20 things to comment on - if someone has gone to the trouble to do my challenge, then I felt it was important for me to make the effort to comment on their item (sadly, not everyone on the DT felt the same, and often DT members wouldn't even bother commenting at all, or they were selective about what they commented on and people felt left out). People learned that I would always leave a positive comment on everything they loaded into our gallery.

I think that, so long as every single link gets a comment from at least one DT member, whatever works. However for me, I feel that I would want to comment on each and every challenge post for my challenge week, but that is just how I roll. It also gives me the opportunity to see what other people are creating.

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Assign odds or even to each DT member. For example, I could comment on all Even Number entries.And maybe to make it easier on each DT member, they could do it when ever they want that week, as long as it's done by the time the Challenge is over.

creativetimewithme said...

I'm happy with commenting on the weeks that are my teams challenge weeks.

Hugs,
Mary