OK, let me see if I can clarify...
There seems to be some confusion about how things will work. This is how it will go:
- You write a blog post with your image for the following weekly challenge (just for the week you are rostered, unless you want to jump in with one on your week off too). We need your blog post written first, as I will link to it from the weekly challenge post.
- You upload your image onto a dedicated page on here (labelled with the date that the challenge goes live on the HH blog - so you need to upload a few days before that date please!!) and below your image include a link to the actual post your image is in (you're right kel, a page will be better than a post for this)
- Make sure you link to the page on the HH website where people can buy the image (also HH website if possible)
IMPORTANT (but I don't think I mentioned it before) - Tell people there will be a challenge they can enter on the HH blog (I need the word spreading on this one, especially to begin with!). You can let people know there will be a prize (free stamp) awarded to a winner - to enter the prize draw they need to use a HH stamp, although the challenge itself is open to anyone using papercrafts of any kind.
Hopefully it will all become clearer as we go along!
Design Team
...now announced over here and you can shout it from the rooftops now (or at least your blog which might be a little safer than a rooftop). Also you can add the DT badge to your blog!
Further images...
I'll send out an email soon. There will be a mixture of images I've chosen and some free choice, the balance of which might change from month to month.
Hope it's getting clearer! Thanks everyone!
8 comments:
yep that sounds fine to me have posted about the new challenge blog on my blog and a link to the shop and to see the DT TEAM HOPE ALL WORKS WELL FOR YOU
HAPPY CRAFTING TO YOU ALL
Woot!! Thanks for clarifying. Very clear now.
Off to add the DT button and announce from my blog (not a rooftop lol) about the DT and the challenges too.
Woohoo!!! at last do you know how difficult it was to keep this underwraps all these weeks? Heheehe okay I've blogged, tweeted and facebooked on both my personal timeline and business page. Will share a link on linked in to.
Oh just a quick question - is the design team badge supposed to link to the home page or the design team page? Only asking as when I tried it out it went to the home page.
That clarifies it PERFECTLY! and is exactly how I LOVE to work! I have facebooked, blogged and actually made PERSONAL VOICE TO VOICE Phone calls all about Handmade Harbour... You should see a jump in traffic today! Bigger Grin! I am working on my project for my post next week but I would also like to create a card using a HH image in the Challenge post I have due for my Drunken Stampers on Aug 31st giving a shout out to HH digis... are you OK with this Wendy? Just let me know! So EXCITED to be here ladies and I am planning on visiting all of you on your blogs and leaving some LOVE! Cheers - Lynne
Fabulous - glad it's clearer! Yes, Anita, it was supposed to go to the home page - kind of "showing off" who you are designing for, I guess?
Lynne, perfect - yes, please, feel free to use HH images in other challenges, it's all about spreading the word and I love that.
Thank you to all of you who have shared on FB, blogs, Twitter and all the rest - it is so very much appreciated xx
Ok, blogged about and entered a bunch of challenges with the HH image card! Fun!
One thing, I am not able to post or edit on the "Aug.21" Page or any other page for that matter, except the Home page. I am only able to leave comments. There is no "little yellow pencil" icon to click to add to the pages.
When Im in the Blogger dashboard, the Pages don't come up as editable for me. Again, only thing that shows is the posts in the home thread.
Im sure Im just missing something so let me know! Thanks ladies!
Thanks for clearing that up Wendy. I google+ my blog and I don't like that the link on the right goes to the google page. Is there anyway you can link it to my blogger blog please? Sorry for being a pain I'm trying to figure out how to undo the google+
i'm going to publish my post the day the challenge goes live... i can still provide the link beforehand when i upload my picture to the DT blog though... is that okay?
also, you can get us listed over at Paper Playful, here's the link to the application: http://paperplayful.blogspot.com/p/application.html
and email it to paperplayful@yahoo.com
I'm the DT/blog candy coordinator over there and can double check the day of to make sure we're listed, and if not, get us listed.
lovies, =o) kel
Post a Comment